Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Dreadful Performance Setups - Past

Want a good laugh? Okay, before I share my latest article with you on what judges look for in performance setups...this is like "What Not to Wear" but for model horses.  These are pictures of my "performance setups" from the 1980s.  Have a laugh at my expense, fellow collectors!  I'll post the article about what TO do in performance classes next time.  Until then....my collection and performance show pictures, circa 1980 or so....

My favorite picture - my very own CM Breyer FAM.  I made her when I was 12 years old. Her neck sort of caved in. The parade saddle, here used for barrel racing, was from a Marx horse. I made the bridle from leftover pleather from my brother's Halloween costume (we made him a Gene Simmons from KISS outfit).  The barrel is the best part - no joke - it's a Campbell's Soup can I painted. I actually like the barrel. 

Hunter over fences, with a gigantic out of proportion fence.  Note that Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors decided to stand in as a jump decoration. And a black snaffle with a brown saddle really looks spiffy, don't you think?

Western Trail...not bad, except for the missing stirrups.

2 comments:

  1. At least you attempted it, LOL. I was always to scared to try and make my own tack and show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried more stuff when I was a kid - and before the internet. Then, I didn't know what else was out there. Now that I've been to Breyerfest and judged a lot of online shows, I know the wonderful artists and their works and I'm embarrassed by my attempts!

    ReplyDelete